Bryan Station High School
What's coming up:
Feb 5~ Dress Up THEME DAY: Go Red For Women Day!
Feb 6~ Wrestling Championship @ Henry Clay
Feb 6~ Swim meet @ 12:30 pm (Transy)
Feb 8~ SBDM meeting @ 5:30 pm (BSHS Library)
Feb 8~ Boys Basketball (Freshman/JV) vs. Lafayette @ 6 pm (AWAY)
Feb 8~ FIRST Spanish orientation for Spanish speaking families @ 5:45 in Library
Feb 9~ PTSA Principal Selection parent forum @ 8 am and 6 pm in BSHS Library
- Central KY Council on Youth Leadership has extended their deadline for Youth Salute. The purpose of the Youth Salute program is to honor high school juniors in your community who maintain a high scholastic average and have demonstrated leadership ability. Students who are interested in participating should pick up a nomination form from the BSHS Counseling office. Forms are to be returned to the counseling office by February 5th.
- We will have our FIRST EVER BSHS Spanish Orientation for Spanish speaking families and students on Monday, February 8th at 5:45 in the BSHS Cafeteria.
- On Tuesday, February 9, the BSHS PTSA meeting will be a Principal Selection Forum to gather parent input on the qualities we want in our future principal. Please plan on joining us at either the 8am or 6pm (or both) meeting in the school library.
Need help with math or English? Come to morning tutoring from 7:45-8:20 a.m. to get homework help and make-up quizzes and tests! Get a pass from your math teacher to go to the library Monday and Wednesday mornings, or get a pass from your English teacher to go to the library Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
The Minnifield Foundation would like to invite you and your family to the first annual Superbowl Superbash. The Superbowl Superbash will be fun, exciting and inspiring for the entire family. Bring your kids and enjoy some good family fun with current and past NFL greats and other professional athletes that have come from Lexington KY.The event will be held at Skyzone Trampoline Park at 3644 Boston Rd. Lexington KY on Feb. 7th! Food and drinks provided with ticket admission! Doors open at 5PM jumping starts at 6PM
E-Day, hosted by the University of Kentucky College of Engineering, is a celebration of engineering and is perfect for school-aged children (K-12), especially those interested in learning more about the things engineers and computer scientists do. Approximately 100 demonstrations, exhibits and contests hosted by UK Students and Departments, government organizations and industry, will be featured. E-Day is February 27th, 2016 and is completely FREE! Learn more at www.engr.uky.edu/eday/. Click this flyer for more details.
Registration for the 2016-2017 School Year
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year has begun at BSHS. Our school counselors have begun visits to the middle schools to talk with 8th graders and similar discussions will happen in the next couple of weeks with current students during their Advisory classes.
All registration materials are linked at the bottom of the BSHS Counseling Registration page.
If you missed 8th grade parent night, don't worry! Check out the presentation and handout!
College News to Use:
Need Help with the FAFSA? Check out the counseling website for info on upcoming help sessions!
Seniors- It is time to apply for the 16th District PTA Scholarship! Click here to access directions for how to apply.
Also, check out the counseling website for info on registering for AP Exams!
The following colleges will be visiting Bryan Station in February:
- Western KY University- Wednesday, Feb. 10th
- BCTC- Thursday, Feb. 11th
- Union College- Thursday, Feb. 11th
- St. Catherine College- Tuesday, Feb. 16th
- Morehead State University- Friday, Feb. 19th
- University of Alabama- Monday, Feb. 29th
If you are interested in speaking to representatives from these colleges, please stop by the counseling office and sign up!
Join Mr. McMillin's PTSA "Remind" and receive text messages about info at Bryan Station!
Click here to sign up!!!
Our bell schedule for this school year:
KHSAA forms for getting physicals is: http://khsaa.org/general/bottom-tab-pages/general-forms/
*Sports schedule information is provided here merely for convienence, please refer to each coach/schedule for changes not that may not be reflected here.
(The content/advertisement provided by this website is not directly controlled by BSHS nor FCPS, therefore we cannnot be responsible for the content.)